3 Tools to Use Instead of Facebook Analytics [2023 Edition]
As we head into 2023, Facebook stays the world’s most-used social media platform – by an extended shot. It won’t get the press of TikTok or Twitter, however with practically 3 billion world lively customers, its attain remains to be merely unmatched.
With such a big potential viewers, Facebook can appear a little bit overwhelming – how have you learnt what works and join together with your neighborhood on such an enormous platform? Facebook analytics are a vital device to assist reply these questions and make sure you construct a Facebook marketing strategy that works on your model.
Bonus: Download a free guide that shows you how to save time and money on your Facebook ads. Find out how to reach the right customers, lower your cost-per-click, and more.
What are Facebook analytics?
Facebook analytics are the data and tools you need to track your brand’s performance on the world’s most popular social network.
Tracking Facebook analytics helps you understand your past Facebook performance and tweak your future strategy. You can use the data you gain through Facebook analytics to create a Facebook-specific report, or build it into an overall social media report that tracks the efficiency of all of your social accounts.
Reviewing your Facebook analytics can also be an necessary manner to understand your audience. There’s a veritable treasure trove of information out there to assist reveal precisely who’s participating with and following your content material, with demographic and geographic information that covers age, intercourse, location, and extra.
All of this might help you both refine your content material to attain the viewers you need, or pivot your technique to even higher have interaction the people who find themselves already tuning in.
Facebook analytics instruments
Facebook used to have a local analytics device known as, appropriately sufficient, Facebook Analytics. That device was discontinued in 2021, however there are nonetheless lots of methods to entry your Facebook analytics information.
1. Meta Enterprise Suite
Meta Enterprise Suite has changed Facebook Analytics because the native device to entry analytics for Facebook. Right here, you’ll be able to see metrics, developments, and visible studies to show you how to achieve insights about your total Facebook account or particular person posts.
Right here’s how to discover your Facebook Analytics in Meta Enterprise Suite:
- Open Meta Business Suite and click on on Insights. On the overview display screen, you’ll see top-level insights for Facebook on the left of the display screen and Instagram on the appropriate.
- Click on on any of the classes within the left menu to get extra particulars of your Instagram and Facebook metrics.
- To look particularly at Facebook content material metrics with no Instagram information to distract you, click on on Content material within the left menu beneath the Content material heading. Then, open the Advertisements, Posts, and Tales drop-down menu and uncheck the Instagram choices.
2. Facebook Web page Insights
Facebook Insights is now half of the Meta Skilled Dashboard. Right here you’ll be able to overview primary insights about your Web page, posts, and viewers. The info right here is sort of primary and doesn’t return very far in time (from a max of 28 to 90 days) however can present a great fast overview of what’s occurring together with your Web page.
To entry Web page Insights:
- Out of your Facebook Enterprise Web page, click on Insights within the left menu beneath Skilled Tools.
- Click on on Your Web page, Posts, or Viewers to discover the metrics you’re in search of.
You may as well entry very primary insights about every submit immediately out of your Facebook Web page. Click on See insights and advertisements beneath any submit to deliver up a pop-up with insights particular to that submit.
Hootsuite is a social media administration device that features superior (however tremendous straightforward to use) Facebook analytics.
Hootsuite’s Analytics monitor your Facebook information intimately alongside your outcomes from different social accounts. This simplifies your social media analytics work. It saves time and makes it straightforward to evaluate combination outcomes throughout networks.
Enjoyable reality: The overwhelming majority of individuals who use Instagram and TikTok additionally use Facebook. You’ll discover 82.9% of Instagram customers and 83.4% of TikTok customers on FB.
Evaluating outcomes throughout platforms is the one manner to perceive what your viewers expects from you on every platform, and the way finest to join with them in every context. Hootsuite Analytics permits you to see how your viewers responds on every platform so you’ll be able to higher perceive the place your Facebook and social media marketing efforts match into the larger image.
That mentioned, when you desire to focus particularly in your Facebook outcomes, you may also use Hootsuite Analytics to dive deep into all of the Facebook metrics that matter most to your enterprise. You possibly can then create and export a customized report, or schedule studies to robotically ship the info to your inbox. You should utilize the sharing choices to robotically share with colleagues and stakeholders all through your group.
Hootsuite’s Facebook Analytics additionally present you a heatmap that tells you precisely when your viewers is most certainly to be on-line, and offers customized suggestions for one of the best time to submit primarily based in your engagement objectives.
Right here’s how to discover your Facebook analytics in Hootsuite:
- Go to your Hootsuite dashboard and click on the Analytics icon within the sidebar.
- Choose your Facebook Overview (when you haven’t already, observe these steps to connect your account). On this display screen, you’ll see a full image of all of your Facebook analytics, from engagement to hyperlink clicks to the sentiment of your inbound messages. There are additionally lots of pre-built Facebook report templates for you to dive into extra element.
- Use the buttons within the high navigation bar to share information together with your colleagues or export the metrics and charts right into a customized report in PDF, PowerPoint, Excel, or .csv.
Growth = hacked.
Schedule posts, talk to customers, and track your performance in one place. Grow your business faster with Hootsuite.
Important Facebook analytics metrics
Now that you know where to find your Facebook analytics data, let’s look at some of the most important metrics for you to track.
Facebook Page analytics
- Attain: This contains individuals who noticed content material posted in your Web page in addition to individuals who noticed content material posted about your Web page by different social customers.
- Visits: The quantity of instances individuals visited your Facebook Web page.
- New likes: The quantity of new individuals who favored your Facebook Web page.
- Follower development fee: How shortly your Web page is gaining or shedding followers.
- Virality fee: The share of instances content material out of your Web page was displayed consequently of reactions, feedback, and shares (out there in Hootsuite Analytics).
Facebook viewers insights
- Age & Gender: The breakdown of age teams and proportion of ladies and men (no statistics for non-binary folx at the moment, sadly).
- Location: You’ll see the highest cities and international locations on your viewers, so you’ll be able to perceive simply the place the likes and followers are coming from.
Facebook submit analytics
- Submit attain: The Content material Overview display screen signifies the quantity of individuals who noticed at the least one of your posts at the least as soon as. That is an total metric, however you may also dive into the attain numbers for every particular submit by clicking on the Content material merchandise beneath the Content material heading. Whereas the general metric offers a great sense of developments in your submit viewership, the per-post metrics are extra helpful in phrases of understanding what’s really resonating together with your viewers.
- Submit engagement: The quantity of reactions, feedback, and shares. Once more, you’ll be able to see each the full quantity for all Web page posts and the small print for every particular submit. For reference, the common Facebook submit engagement fee is 0.07%.
Facebook tales analytics
The metrics listed below are the identical as for Facebook posts. You may as well scroll down to the underside of the display screen to see your tales with the best attain, highest sticker faucets and most replies. Once more, you’ll be able to see the info for every particular story by clicking on Content material beneath the Content material heading.
Facebook Reels analytics
Oddly sufficient, Facebook considers Reels to be Posts within the Insights interface. To entry your Face Reels Insights in Meta Enterprise Supervisor, go to Insights>Content material>Content material, then unselect advertisements and tales within the high drop-down menu.
To make issues extra (or much less?) complicated, throughout the Posts part of Content material Insights, the Sort column will determine Reels as Reels.
Supply: Meta Enterprise Supervisor
For every reel, you’ll be able to monitor:
- Attain: The quantity of individuals who noticed your reel at the least as soon as.
- Engagement: As for different submit varieties, that is damaged down into reactions, feedback, and shares. Add them collectively for the full quantity of engagements, or monitor every particular person metric primarily based on what issues most to your enterprise.
Facebook advertisements analytics
Slightly than Meta Enterprise Suite, one of the best native device for viewing your Facebook advertisements analytics is Meta Ads Manager. You may as well see Facebook advertisements analytics studies alongside your natural reporting in Hootsuite Analytics.
- Attain: The quantity of individuals who noticed your advert at the least as soon as. This quantity is necessary to evaluate to the precise quantity of click-throughs or engagement — in the event that they’re seeing it however not following your CTA, what could have gone fallacious?
- Impressions: That is the quantity of instances your advert appeared on display screen. This quantity will doubtless be larger than attain, as the identical individual may see your advert greater than as soon as.
- Value per consequence: To measure the ROI of a marketing campaign, this piece of information is essential to revealing simply how a lot bang you bought on your buck.
Facebook Group analytics
Facebook Groups are a tremendous manner for manufacturers to construct fan communities — and a fair higher manner to accumulate information on who your most passionate followers are by means of your group’s Admin Tools. You possibly can solely see insights for Teams with 50 or extra members.
- High contributors: Reveal who the most-involved members of your neighborhood are — and probably faucet them for influencer or partnership alternatives.
- Engagement: Understanding when your members are most lively might help manufacturers perceive when and what to submit for optimum attain.
- Development: Monitor what number of members are becoming a member of your neighborhood, and what the catalysts to surges have been. This may provide you with perception into attainable future promotional alternatives.
Facebook Dwell analytics
Yow will discover Dwell analytics by clicking on the Dwell video you’d like to see the metrics for.
- Peak viewers: Monitor the best quantity of simultaneous viewers at any level throughout your video when it was stay.
- Views: The full quantity of views your Dwell video has skilled.
- Engagement: Add up the full quantity of reactions, shares, and feedback.
Facebook video analytics
- Video retention: A measure of how many individuals made it to every level in your video. You possibly can see the common 3-, 15-, and 60-second views. Like different kinds of Facebook posts, you may also dive into the specifics for every video to see what’s resonating finest together with your viewers.
- Common view length: This statistic is useful for figuring out simply how your content material is hitting. In any case, if somebody is tuning in and instantly leaving with out watching the video, how a lot does their “view” really matter?
- Video engagement: Compile reactions, feedback, and shares for a transparent image of simply how participating your video content material is. For reference, the common Facebook video submit engagement fee is 0.08%.
So – that’s quite a bit. Remember that not each metric will likely be equally necessary for your enterprise. If you’re first getting began with Facebook analytics, deal with a few key metrics that align with your enterprise objectives and social technique. Over time, you can begin monitoring extra detailed metrics to get a extra in-depth image of your success on Facebook.
FAQs about Facebook analytics
Nonetheless have burning questions? Now we have solutions.
How do I test Facebook analytics?
Essentially the most primary possibility is to click on See insights and advertisements beneath any of your Facebook posts. This provides you a high-level snapshot of the success of that submit. For extra detailed analytics, studies, graphs, and comparisons, you’ll want to use Meta Enterprise Suite, Facebook Web page Insights, or Hootsuite Analytics.
What do Facebook analytics present?
What you see if you test your Facebook analytics will depend on which device you utilize. Clicking on insights for any particular person submit out of your Facebook web page brings up a pop-up with fast stats for impressions, attain and engagement.
Facebook analytics instruments can present rather more data than that, out of your total Web page metrics to evaluating the success of your Facebook efforts to these on different platforms.
Does Facebook Insights nonetheless exist?
Facebook Insights does nonetheless exist, but it surely’s now accessible immediately out of your Facebook Web page itself or from the Skilled dashboard. So, Facebook Insights now not exists as a standalone device, however the data remains to be out there.
Use Hootsuite to schedule all of your social media posts, have interaction together with your followers, and monitor the success of your efforts. Join at the moment.
All of your social media analytics in a single place. Use Hootsuite to see what’s working and the place to enhance efficiency.