How to Make a TikTok Video: Beginners Start Here
Let’s face it, TikTok is the second.
And with 1 billion monthly active users, it’s time to be part of the motion and get your model on the market to a wider viewers!
Need to find out how to make a TikTok Video however don’t know the place to begin? Don’t sweat it! We broke down all of the steps and instruments you’ll want to make a viral-worthy first video and ensure your debut is something however cringe.
Download the full Social Trends report to get an in-depth analysis of the data you need to prioritize and plan your social strategy in 2022.
How to create a TikTok account
First things first, you’ll need to create a TikTok account.
There are other ways to join one: you should utilize your telephone quantity, e-mail deal with or social media account. Here’s how to do it utilizing your telephone quantity.
1. Obtain TikTok from Google Play or the App Retailer.
2. Open the TikTok App in your iPhone or Android.
3. Click on the “Me” or “Profile” icon on the bottom-right of your display.
4. Select a methodology to join (we’re selecting “use telephone or e-mail”)
5. Enter your beginning date and telephone quantity (be certain that is correct as a result of it’s the way you’ll retrieve passwords and make sure your account).
6. Enter the 6-digit code despatched to that telephone quantity (see, informed ya!)
7. You probably did it! Have fun by scrolling TikTok for too many hours.
How to make a TikTok video
Here’s how to get began in your very first TikTok video. Fortunately for you, it’s method simpler than studying this TikTok Shuffle dance.
1. Hit the + signal on the backside of your display.
2. You may add pictures and movies out of your telephone’s library or make a video immediately utilizing the TikTok digicam.
3. If recording immediately, hit the Document button on the backside of the display. Hit it once more if you’re executed recording. The default video mode is “Fast” which is for 15 second movies however you possibly can change it to “Digicam” for extra modifying choices and longer movies (15s, 60s and three minutes), or “Templates” to create a particular type of video.
4. Faucet the verify mark if you’re executed taking pictures all of your footage.
5. Make any edits or modifications on the submit web page. All of your edits are on the correct sidebar of the display. Additionally, add music or sounds by hitting “Add sound” on the high of the display.
6. Put up that video and share it in every single place! Make positive to embody a description with some hashtags so it finds its method to your viewers.
How to make a TikTok with a number of movies
As a substitute of taking one lengthy video, why not seize shorter movies and edit them collectively to make your TikTok video? Here’s how to try this (and also you don’t want a movie diploma).
1. Hit that “+” signal to begin your video
2. You may both shoot a number of movies immediately by hitting that file button after every clip, increase your video with totally different photographs. Or, you possibly can hit the “Add” button subsequent to the file button and add a number of movies and pictures you have got saved in your telephone.
3. Choose all of your media and faucet Subsequent.
4. Now you can sync sound throughout your movies and make changes (or strive “Auto sync” which can do the syncing up for you.)
5. Hit Subsequent when executed. You’ll be introduced to a preview display the place you possibly can additional add sounds, extra results, textual content, and stickers.
6. Faucet Subsequent if you’re executed modifying your video and proceed to the Put up display.
7. Keep in mind to throw in a description and a few hashtags and bingo-bango-bongo you’re the Steven Spielberg of TikTok!
How to schedule a TikTok
Utilizing Hootsuite, you possibly can schedule your TikToks for any time sooner or later. (TikTok’s native scheduler solely permits customers to schedule TikToks up to 10 days prematurely.)
To create and schedule a TikTok utilizing Hootsuite, comply with these steps:
- Document your video and edit it (including sounds and results) within the TikTok app.
- If you’re executed modifying your video, faucet Subsequent within the backside proper nook of your display. Then, choose Extra choices and faucet Save to system.
- In Hootsuite, faucet the Create icon on the very high of the left-hand menu to open the Composer.
- Choose the account you need to publish your TikTok to.
- Add the TikTok you saved to your system.
- Add a caption. You may embody emojis and hashtags, and tag different accounts in your caption.
- Regulate extra settings. You may allow or disable feedback, Stitches and Duets for every of your particular person posts. (Be aware: Current TikTok privateness settings (arrange within the TikTok app) will override these ones.)
- Preview your submit and click on Put up now to publish it instantly, or…
- …click on Schedule for later to submit your TikTok at a totally different time. You may manually choose a publication date or decide from three really helpful customized greatest occasions to submit for max engagement.
And that’s it! Your TikToks will present up within the Planner, alongside all your different scheduled social media posts.
Extra of a visible learner? This video will stroll you thru the method of scheduling a TikTok (out of your telephone or from desktop) in underneath 5 minutes:
5 issues to know earlier than creating your first TikTok
TikTok type is much less polished than different varieties of video
Don’t fear about being too valuable together with your movies. On TikTok, movies are meant to be candid, and pure—and they need to showcase your character. Issues like good edits, smooth transitions or flawless lighting shouldn’t get in the way in which of your thought and your individual charisma.
Certain, there are many editing options, effects and filters to select from (what the heck is the distinction between B3 and G4 filters in any case?) however the actual star is you —or, at the very least all 6 of those mates belting out Woman Gaga for the #caughtinabadromance problem at this bachelorette. If that’s not candid, I don’t know what’s.
You don’t have to dance
Excellent news! You don’t have to spend 2 hours making an attempt to good the LaLisa dance tutorial to be certain your video stands out (except you need to, then no judgment over right here!).
There are such a lot of other ways to engage your followers that don’t contain you popping and locking in your lounge in entrance of a ring mild (however once more, no judgement in case you do, besides possibly out of your pet and their lovable judging eyes).
You additionally don’t have to try no matter that is.
Hashtags will help extra folks see your submit
It’s no secret a good hashtag can go a good distance on TikTok. Strategic use of hashtags will assist folks discover your movies who don’t already comply with you, and possibly even see it on their For You Page (FYP).
Discover the best hashtags to grow your views and assist get your content material acknowledged by the algorithm. You labored so laborious on it, may as effectively present it off to as many individuals as doable.
The correct track can go a good distance
Attaching a trending track to your video or audio from a well-liked TikTok video will help it get seen by extra folks. This app has a huge music following (numerous new songs are deliberately promoted via the app to assist them climb the music charts) so lassoing your video to considered one of these taking pictures stars is barely going to assist you to get on extra FYP and in entrance of recent audiences.
Your best asset is you
Don’t overthink it, simply provide you with a easy thought and let your character shine via. The sense of intimacy and group that TikTok brings is why folks love this app—it feels private.
Even in case you’re doing a TikTok problem or pattern that’s well-liked, the factor that can make you stand out is your distinctive tackle it. It’s not about gimmicks however about placing your greatest self on the market. Nothing ought to really feel too staged or self-aware (that’s cringe territory). Faux your viewers are your good mates and method it with that vitality!
@janikon_No, I can’t re-record this, I’m laughing too laborious #fyp♬ original sound – Stu (he/him)
Develop your TikTok presence alongside your different social channels utilizing Hootsuite. From a single dashboard, you possibly can schedule and publish posts for one of the best occasions, interact your viewers, and measure efficiency. Strive it free at present.
Need extra TikTok views?
Schedule posts for one of the best occasions, view efficiency stats, and touch upon movies in Hootsuite.