How to Set Up a Facebook Shop to Sell More Products
Bear in mind the pandemic when everybody stayed inside for 2 years and have become addicted to on-line buying? In 2020, on-line buying and ecommerce grew by 3.4%, and ecommerce gross sales are actually predicted to develop from $792 billion in 2020 to $1.6 trillion in 2025 as consumers look to proceed the upwards pattern of buying on-line. Facebook Retailers have a huge half to play in all that.
Meta launched Facebook Retailers in May 2020 and positioned the web buying platform as a useful resource to assist small companies promote on-line. Good timing, a lot?
Bonus: Download a free guide that teaches you how to turn Facebook traffic into sales in four simple steps using Hootsuite.
What is a Facebook Shop?
A Facebook Shop is an online store that lives on Facebook and Instagram and allows users to browse, shop, and make purchases either directly on Facebook or by clicking through to a company’s website to complete the sale.
Facebook and Instagram users can find businesses on Facebook Shop via a Facebook page or an Instagram profile.
What’s cool about Facebook Shops is that the feature is discoverable organically or through ads, which means there are many alternatives for social media entrepreneurs to optimize companies for each channels.
Why arrange a Facebook store?
There are lots of advantages for companies of any measurement to hop on board the Facebook Retailers prepare. Listed here are a few of our favorites.
Seamless, simple checkout
Facebook Retailers is a one-stop buying expertise on your prospects for direct-to-consumers manufacturers. They’ll interact with your enterprise by way of Facebook Messenger, be directed to a related product, after which checkout instantly on Facebook.
This supplies a seamless buying expertise. There’s no want to direct a buyer to an exterior web site the place it’s simpler for them to get distracted and resolve not to buy.
If in case you have an ecommerce web site for your enterprise, you’ll perceive how sophisticated cataloging will be. Nevertheless, with Facebook Retailers, storing product info and updating it’s tremendous simple. Everytime you want to make modifications to your product info — for instance, pictures, descriptions, worth, and so on. — merely navigate to the Commerce Manager and replace your objects in minutes.
Straightforward delivery course of
Something to do with delivery is a ache. We get it.
Fortunately, Facebook Retailers retains issues tremendous easy by providing the vendor (that’s you!) a chance to use whichever delivery methodology you like, simply so long as it affords monitoring and supply affirmation.
Should you want to customise the small print of a cargo, head to the Commerce Supervisor to edit delivery particulars, together with delivery worth, pace, and vacation spot.
Improve your attain with adverts
With nearly 3 billion monthly active users, Facebook is a hive of exercise, with lots of of 1000’s of individuals worldwide looking the platform at any given time. By operating Facebook ads on your merchandise and Facebook Shop web page, you’re immediately exposing your enterprise to a new viewers and potential prospects whereas driving conversions on your retailer.
Present a next-level customer support expertise
The power to chat with a model and resolve my grievance with out leaving the sofa? Signal me up!
Facebook Retailers offers prospects the flexibility to interact with a enterprise by way of Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram to assist reply questions, monitor orders, or settle buyer queries. Similar to a conventional brick and mortar retailer.
Professional tip: if you happen to’re an e-commerce retailer that makes use of Facebook Messenger or any of its associated apps for speaking with prospects, it can save you your self hours of labor a week by utilizing an AI-powered customer support chatbot like Heyday.
You don’t want a web site
This may come as a shock, however not each on-line commerce enterprise wants a web site. By utilizing Facebook Retailers, companies can remove the necessity for a web site as a result of prospects can have the very same buying expertise natively inside the Facebook Shop platform.
Consider the time and money you spend on builders and internet hosting and all the opposite bills concerned in operating a web site. It provides up!
How to create a Facebook Shop: 6 simple steps
Facebook Shop setup
1. Head to facebook.com/commerce_manager to get began, and click on Subsequent
2. Choose the client checkout methodology. You’ll discover you possibly can choose one of many following choices:
a. Checkout on one other web site (direct your viewers to a area you personal)
b. Checkout with Facebook or Instagram (prospects might be ready to pay for his or her product inside the Facebook or Instagram platform)
c. Checkout with messaging (direct your prospects to a Messenger dialog)
Observe that the flexibility to checkout instantly on a Meta-owned platform utilizing Shop Pay is simply out there within the US.
3. Choose the Facebook web page you need to promote from. Should you don’t have a Facebook web page for your enterprise established, that is the time to set one up. Click on subsequent.
4. Join your Facebook enterprise account. Set one up if you happen to don’t have one. Click on subsequent.
5. Select the place you ship your merchandise to. Click on subsequent.
6. Preview your Facebook Shop and be sure that all the data is right, then click on End Setup
Facebook Shop necessities
To start out promoting merchandise on Facebook Shop, there are a few necessities that companies want to fulfill. According to Meta, these embody:
- Complying with Facebook insurance policies, together with Phrases of Service, Industrial Phrases, and Group Requirements
- Area possession affirmation
- Be positioned in a supported market
- Preserve an genuine, reliable presence (and ample follower rely!)
- Current correct info with clear refund and return insurance policies
Facebook store customization
Regardless of how huge or small, companies can characteristic merchandise from their catalog and customize their Facebook Shop to match their model colours and elegance.
- While you’re logged into Commerce Supervisor, head to Retailers
- Then, click on on Structure to customise components of your Facebook store
- You’ll then give you the chance to customise your Facebook Shop, together with including featured collections and promotions, arranging merchandise, add a featured assortment, change the colour of your buttons, and preview your Facebook Shop in mild and darkish mode
How to add merchandise to a Facebook Shop
Including merchandise to your Facebook Shop is a simple, step-by-step course of that ensures that prospects obtain all the data they want to make a buy.
The place your merchandise are saved known as a catalog, and you’ll join your catalog to completely different adverts and gross sales channels to promote your objects.
To make your first catalog, observe these steps:
1. Login to Commerce Supervisor.
2. Click on +Add Catalogue.
3. Choose the catalog sort that finest represents your enterprise, then click on Subsequent.
4. Select the way you need to add your catalog. Facebook Retailers offers you two choices: manually add or join your catalog from a associate platform, e.g., Shopify or BigCommerce.
5. Title your catalog with an applicable title, then click on Create.
6. Add objects to your catalog by clicking Gadgets within the right-hand navigation bar, then choose Add Gadgets.
7. The following display permits you to enter your whole merchandise info, together with pictures, title, product description, web site URL to make a buy, worth, and situation.
Within the instance above, we’ve proven you the guide approach to add objects into your Facebook Shop. However, it’s price researching the different ways to upload items to a Facebook Shop, as for bigger companies, a Facebook Pixel or Knowledge feed is likely to be extra applicable.
Create Product Collections in your Facebook Shop
Product collections give you a chance to showcase your merchandise in a new mild. For instance, a spring assortment, a trip assortment, or a new mother’s assortment—relying on the merchandise you truly provide on Facebook Retailers.
Collections will be featured on the primary web page of your Facebook Shop and provides guests a probability to browse extra particular objects which have been grouped collectively.
To construct a Facebook Shop Product Assortment, observe these steps:
- Log into Commerce Supervisor, and click on Retailers
- Click on Edit Shop, then click on +Add New
- Click on on Assortment, after which click on Create New Assortment
- Title your assortment (Spring Sale, New Arrivals, Final Likelihood, and so on.,) after which add the objects out of your stock that you simply’d like to characteristic. Click on Affirm.
- Add further particulars corresponding to pictures (Facebook recommends 4:3 ratio and a minimal pixel measurement of 800 x 600), title, and textual content.
- While you’re completed, click on Publish.
Professional tip: Should you use Shopify to run your ecommerce retailer, you possibly can combine your merchandise instantly with out manually importing every merchandise.
Style model Everlane options their newest arrivals assortment on the prime of their Facebook Shop. Supply: Facebook.
What are the Facebook Shop charges?
What? You anticipated Meta to allow you to run a store on their platform free of charge? Facebook’s gotta make their cash someway, and Facebook Shop charges give Meta a small minimize of your gross sales. Fortunately, the selling fees aren’t extortionate. Let’s break ‘em down:
- Everytime you make a sale on Facebook Retailers, Meta will take 5% per cargo
- Should you cargo is underneath $8, Meta will take a flat-fee of $0.40
- Promoting charge consists of taxes, value of fee processing, and applies to all checkout transitions for all merchandise on Facebook Retailers and Instagram
Greatest Facebook Shop examples to encourage you
Biking model Rapha do a sensible job with their Facebook Shop. We particularly love the collections they’ve constructed and the benefit of navigation within the prime nav bar.
Tentree follows a comparable technique to Rapha, emphasizing easy-to-browse collections and easy, partaking titles for his or her merchandise.
Common make-up megastore, Sephora, has used eye-catching visuals on a few of its pictures to make discounted merchandise stand out on the Facebook Important web page.
Nevertheless you resolve to arrange and begin promoting on-line with a Facebook Shop, you recognize that Hootsuite is right here for you each step of the day. Join a 30-day free trial and see how we can assist you develop your new storefront, as we speak.
Lululemon retains issues clear, clear, and direct on their merchandise listings. Utilizing clear visuals, the main target is on the product (not what’s occurring round it) which ought to assist drive gross sales.
Feeling assured that launching a Facebook Shop is the following step in your ecommerce journey? Hootsuite helps you to handle all of your social media channels in a single tidy dashboard, supplying you with extra time to concentrate on the opposite areas of scaling your enterprise (like writing up these pesky product merchandise descriptions!) Be a part of now for a 30-day free trial.
Flip customer support conversations into gross sales with Heyday. Enhance response occasions and promote extra merchandise. See it in motion.