How to Write Great Google My Business Posts [Tips + Examples]
What’s the very first thing you do when on the lookout for a brand new restaurant, canine groomer, or anything? Google it, in fact. However how do these companies present up there? Reply: By making a free Google Business Profile (previously referred to as Google My Business).
Why is Google Business Profile so highly effective? It’s easy:
- Prospects see your profile after they’re actively looking for a enterprise like yours.
- Prospects can rapidly get a really feel in your model out of your images, opinions, and updates.
- Conserving your profile up to date is a low time funding with an enormous payoff: Extra prospects.
Whereas everybody else is out combating for views on Instagram or Fb, potential prospects see your profile after they’re on the lookout for a enterprise proper now, which most likely means they need to store or e book with you proper now. Your GMB profile offers them the additional data they want to select you proper now.
Maintain studying to discover out every little thing you want to know to craft customer-winning Google My Business posts simply, together with what to put up, when to put up, and pitfalls to keep away from.
Bonus: Get a free social media strategy template to quickly and easily plan your own strategy. Also use it to track results and present the plan to your boss, teammates, and clients.
A Google My Business post is an update that can be added to a business’s Google Business Profile. It can include text (up to 1,500 characters), photos, videos, offers, ecommerce listings, and more. Google My Business posts show up alongside all the other profile information and reviews in search results on Google search and maps.
Here’s an example of a text and photo post published by a yoga studio:
There are 6 kinds of posts accessible to all companies:
Three extra put up sorts can be found for particular kinds of companies:
- Menu, for eating places
- Merchandise, for ecommerce
Yep. All the things from filling out your profile, and including your small business to Google Maps, to creating posts is 100% free.
Particularly for companies with brick-and-mortar areas, a Google Business Profile is non-negotiable. There’s no query that Google is among the high methods for patrons to discover you, so specializing in native search engine optimization and optimizing your presence there’s frequent sense.
Plus, did I point out it’s free? A free means to get extra free site visitors from a spot the place 88% of people who seek for a neighborhood enterprise will go to a retailer inside per week? Mmkay, sounds fairly candy.
TL;DR: You must put up in your Google Business Profile. It really works. Prospects prefer it, search engine optimization robots prefer it, everybody likes it. Do it.
Utilizing the correct image sizes for every social platform and advertising channel exhibits you care about your model and holding it constant.
Whereas Google will match any measurement or facet ratio you add, it’s finest to add images or movies with a 4:3 facet ratio. Or, on the very least, preserve your major topic centered. It will preserve any cropping to a minimal.
Importing images bigger than 1200px extensive can be not really helpful as Google appears to compress them, leading to fuzzy pictures. This may increasingly change with future algorithm updates.
Picture format: JPG or PNG
Facet ratio: 4:3
Picture measurement: 1200px x 900px really helpful (480px x 270px minimal), up to 5mb every
Video specs: 720p decision minimal, up to 30 seconds lengthy and 75mb per video
Will you share an replace, a video, change your menu, add a service, or launch a suggestion? To see accessible choices, log in to your Google My Business dashboard and click on Posts within the navigation.
Some put up sorts, equivalent to menus, are restricted to particular classes of companies.
Resolve the target and goal of your put up and the place it suits in your social content material technique earlier than you begin writing. Reply these questions:
- Is that this put up selling a brand new services or products?
- Are you making an attempt to convey again previous or present prospects, or discover new ones?
- How will you seize your ideally suited buyer’s consideration?
Nonetheless unsure what to put up? Use Google’s marketing kit to create a graphic from a evaluation and share it. You will get artistic with these, too: Print out a bunch and make a evaluation wall in your store, or show them in your window.
Easy sufficient, proper? It’s true that creating social media content material isn’t as powerful as neurosurgery, however there are methods to make it even simpler.
The following pointers are particularly for Google My Business posts and never different social media platforms:
- Maintain your put up brief. You’ve a 1,500 character restrict however there’s no want to max it out. Prospects are on the lookout for fast solutions or information on Google, not an in-depth piece.
- Embrace a visible. Stick to images or movies of your location or merchandise. Depart the infographics in your different social platforms.
- Use Google’s free marketing kit assets if you happen to don’t have any nice images but. Whereas the most effective visible to use is an actual picture, this is usually a nice useful resource if you happen to don’t have one, and to associate with an occasion or supply put up.
- Customise your CTA button. You possibly can embody a hyperlink you a touchdown web page, coupon code, your web site, or product web page in each Google My Business put up. By default, the CTA button will say “Study extra,” however you may select from many alternative choices, together with “Join,” “Order now,” “E-book,” and extra.
- Observe your provides with UTM hyperlinks. Adding UTM parameters to your supply hyperlinks tracks marketing campaign efficiency to optimize future provides.
- Use hashtags. They don’t enable you rank increased. They only litter up your put up.
- Run afoul of Google’s strict content material insurance policies. Whereas taking a stand on social points or that includes your prospects’ faces may match effectively on different social platforms, Google needs to preserve their profiles 100% enterprise exercise centered. Google will take away any content material they decide to be “off subject.” Ensure to evaluation Google Business Profile content policies.
Alright, hit Publish and your put up is reside! GMB posts keep seen for 7 days. After that, they’re robotically eliminated out of your profile.
A put up in your profile would possibly immediate a buyer or prospect to depart you a evaluation or ask a query. It’s essential to reply to these interactions.
That is true for all platforms, however particularly Google My Business, since your opinions present up entrance and heart in native searches and might drastically affect somebody’s determination to go to your small business.
Make it a weekly behavior to:
- Reply to new opinions (ideally day by day!)
- Repurpose your opinions into different content material: Social media posts, in your web site, add them to in-store signage, and so forth.
- Guarantee all questions are answered
- Reply to put up feedback
- Verify your Business Profile and preserve data up to date, like hours, contact information, and companies
It’s simple to handle your Google Business Profile in the identical place you handle all of your different social media: Hootsuite.
With Hootsuite’s free Google My Business integration, you may monitor and reply to opinions and questions, and publish your Google My Business posts from one easy-to-use dashboard. It even works for a number of enterprise profiles (together with different areas or separate firms).
See how simple it’s to add Google My Business posts and profile updates to your current social workflow in Hootsuite:
Having an lively supply in your Business Profile will increase the prospect somebody will select you over the competitors. For instance: I’m hungry and looking for a sandwich store close to me in Google Maps. Sweets & Beans (nice identify) caught my eye as a result of they’ve a particular supply, and it exhibits up proper within the itemizing.
As soon as I click on on it, I can view the supply with out leaving Google Maps. If it seems good, the button to get instructions is true there, making it tremendous simple for me to decide this store.
Clothes boutique West of Woodward has a lot of skilled images displaying what they promote and giving searchers a style of their industrial-chic vibe. Potential prospects can simply inform if the shop matches their model.
Blink & Forehead does an awesome job right here of speaking their major level—that nobody has gotten sick from their salon—with a spirit of gratitude. This put up additionally follows one other key rule of Google My Business posts: Maintain it brief.
As an alternative of constructing it about them, the put up thanks their workers and prospects for their laborious work. Exhibiting appreciation in your workers and prospects is all the time in model.
Internet hosting a particular occasion, convention, or seminar? Create an occasion in your Google Business Profile dashboard with the Occasion put up sort. Occasions present up in your profile and in Google occasion listings.
In the event you use an exterior service to handle occasions, like Eventbrite, you may combine it with Google My Business to robotically record new occasions for you. That is nice for recurring occasions.
We’ve lined how vital good images are, however if you mix that with a succinct, easy-to-skim service description, and name to motion? *Chef’s kiss*
Marina Del Rey’s put up captures consideration instantly with a photograph of their (attractive!) outside eating house, then sums up what to anticipate from a reservation and the method to e book a desk in a clear, point-form format:
On this case, they record contact data, though you may arrange online reservations instantly out of your Google Business Profile for a simple, automated reserving course of.
Hootsuite makes it simple to appeal to new prospects and talk with present ones with Google Business. Monitor and reply to Google My Business opinions and questions proper inside Hootsuite. Plus: create and publish Google My Business updates alongside your different social media posts.
Do it higher with Hootsuite, the all-in-one social media toolkit. Keep up to the mark, develop, and beat the competitors.