Pinterest Shares New Insights into How Males are Utilizing the App of their Purchasing Journeys
Whereas Pinterest’s viewers is predominantly feminine, male utilization has been steadily rising, with the platform now reaching some 27% of US males aged 25 to 54. That would current a singular advertising and marketing alternative for extra male-aligned manufacturers and merchandise – however what are males Pinning and trying to find within the app?
Immediately, Pinterest has printed some new insights into male Pinner usage, and the way males fluctuate of their use of the app versus different customers, to be able to assist entrepreneurs higher plan and strategize their male Pinner outreach.
And based on Pinterest’s knowledge, male pinners wish to make huge plans in 2022, and get again to their life objectives after the disruption of the pandemic.
As defined by Pinterest:
“Our research confirmed a mixture of big-picture intention setting (eat higher, discover work-life stability) and smaller shifts to have extra enjoyable (socialize extra, spend extra time with mates).”
Which, in fact, are pretty common post-pandemic objectives, which can nonetheless be disrupted because of the surge within the Omicron variant, however Pinterest offers extra particular notes on how males, particularly, wish to obtain these goals.
Pinterest says that:
- 55% of male customers wish to go to the flicks extra typically
- 55% of male customers wish to go to eating places
- 50% wish to host home events in 2022
- 60% are in search of new actions to do with their households
- 30% of male Pinners wish to purchase a brand new automotive
There are some attention-grabbing, and probably helpful alternatives inside these developments, which might assist to align your Pinterest advertising and marketing, if you happen to’re trying to join with males within the app.
What’s extra, Pinterest says that 75% of male Pinners wish to spend more cash to achieve their objectives this yr.
Once more, whereas it will not be the prime focus of your advertising and marketing efforts, it might properly be value spending a while on Pinterest, and studying in regards to the newest utilization developments, and even experimenting with Pin promotions to see whether or not you possibly can attain this engaged, lively buying viewers.
So what are male Pinners in search of of their Pin buying journey? Pinterest highlights three key ideas:
- Male customers are extremely model aware, and pays extra for the manufacturers that they know and belief
- Males conduct fewer searches earlier than making a purchase order, and are eager to get to the purpose sooner within the course of, underlining the necessity to attain them early of their buying journey
- Given this, Pinterest’s personalization in its search outcomes is a key profit for male Pinners, with 85% of male customers noting that the platform feels customized to them.
Which presents extra alternative to attach with these receptive, lively consumers.
Different platforms have greater attain, and far stronger male utilization general, however it’s value noting these newest developments and insights, and contemplating whether or not Pinterest is perhaps value experimenting with in your 2022 outreach.
You possibly can learn Pinterest’s full analysis report here.