TikTok Shares the Top Clips, Creators and Trends in the App for 2022
TikTok has printed its fifth annual ‘Year on TikTok’ report, which offers an summary of all the creators, moments and tendencies that resonated the most in the app all through the previous 12 months.
As defined by TikTok:
“In 2022, we lived, we laughed, and we collectively agreed on our love of corn. Our international group entertained and impressed one another, elevating and celebrating self-expression by discovering, creating and sharing content material that captured our imaginations.”
TikTok’s 12 months in Assessment is separated into 9 classes:
- FYFaves – The preferred video clips of the yr total
- TikTok Taught Me – Which highlights academic classes, life hacks and how-to’s folks have realized from the TikTok group
- The Playlist – The preferred songs on the app in 2022
- Solely on TikTok – Key TikTok tendencies, powered by artistic results, sounds and different product options
- Breakthrough Stars – The rising creators and celebrities who had massive moments on TikTok this yr
- The Hitmakers – The preferred artists in the app
- Uncovered Communities – A celebration of subcultures and area of interest communities which might be thriving on TikTok
- Eats on Repeat – Key meals and recipe tendencies
- Liked by TikTok – A few of the hottest merchandise and SMBs introduced in the app
That gives a spread of angles and features, which may higher inform your understanding of the app, and the key tendencies in varied niches and parts.
So what have been the high TikTok clips of the yr?
The highest performer, with greater than 300 million views, was this clip from chocolatier @amauryguichon of the creation of a chocolate giraffe.
The complete checklist of the hottest US clips is:
- @amauryguichon – Establishing a really giant chocolate giraffe
- @chipmunksoftiktok – Squishy’s again after hibernation!
- @rosalia – You possibly can say so much with the approach you chew gum
- @blondebrunetteredhead – A deadpan tackle «Jiggle Jiggle» by the leads of Riverdale
- @little.blooming.women – “I’m only a child!”
- @schmoyoho – The beloved Corn Child will get remixed
- @lizzo – Lizzo helps us study the choreo for «About Rattling Time»
- @itsmrfinn – A instructor’s elaborate yearly faculty musical reveal
- @jimmydarts – Serving to Tom get again on his ft
- @meltandpour – The last word showdown: lava vs. ice
As you possibly can see, there are fairly a couple of movie star clips in there, which underlines the rising cultural affect of the app, significantly for musicians, who at the moment are increasingly leaning on TikTok for promotion and awareness.
TikTok’s additionally listed the high 5 hottest clips of the yr globally, which is topped by this video from @ox_zung.
The video, not less than for me, feels considerably much like Kaby Lame’s method, in responding to viral tendencies.
The highest 5 international TikToks of 2022 have been:
- @ox_zung – The Sew knowledgeable shares tips that made us gasp!
- @rosalia – Rosalía exhibits us all tips on how to slay
- @lav_sings – Wows us along with her #DesiTok singing expertise
- @robertirwin – The Aussie conservationist rescues a child blue-tongued lizard in the outback
- @thammachad – An iconic Thai creator receives an award in all their glory
There’s a spread of insights into TikTok utilization, and what’s well-liked in the app, that may be gleaned from these clips, although the high tendencies ingredient might present much more perception.
Top tendencies for the US have been:
- Jiggle Jiggle
- It’s Corn!
- One Thing About Me
- That’s Not My Name
- OK I Like it, Picasso
- Core Memories
- Things That Just Make Sense
- Renaissance Eyes
These have been the issues that received TikTokers collaborating, and sharing their very own variations of the identical tendencies in their clips.
Which is the key to TikTok’s viral success. Earlier than TikTok, memes and tendencies have been extra of a passive consumption ingredient, however TikTok has added a participatory side, so that you’re not solely being entertained by different folks’s clips, however the ecosystem additionally invitations you into the course of, to share your individual take.
If you wish to study extra about TikTok and the way it works, these are the tendencies that it is advisable pay attention to, and dig into in your individual analysis.
Additionally price noting from a advertising perspective – the high merchandise on TikTok this yr:
Want TikTok advertising ideas? Price trying out these promotions, and the associated hashtags, to see how every product has facilitated engagement in the app.
There’s a heap of nice perception right here to offer some precious perspective on how TikTok works, what resonates in the app, and what you ought to be doing to align with key tendencies and alternatives.
It’s undoubtedly price a glance – you possibly can try TikTok’s full ‘2022 12 months on TikTok’ overview right here.